Wednesday

Ashes to Ashes


Ashes to Ashes - Click Title To Play

The sequel to Space Oddity, I'm still incredulous that people debate whether there are allusions to drug use in both of these songs. To me, it's pretty clear. But maybe it's just me.

Although, to support my point I would use as exhibit A the video for the song which was completely bizzare. He's dressed as a clown and there's basically no focus whatsoever on the music. He's just kind of wandering around with a cast of equally crazy looking lunatics. I once heard someone say that the video is a reference to Hiroshima, but I never really saw that aspect.

I don't know, I seem to remember hearing this song all the time when it came out. My wife on the other hand, says she's never heard it. I still love her anyway though, in spite of her musical flaws. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, when we moved in together and merged CD collections her contributions consisted mainly of movie soundtracks and Indigo Girls albums. Funny story about her coming home from an Indigo Girls show at Madison Square Garden: She went with her college roommate and afterwards showed up at my apartment, and then proceeded to pass out using a turkey sandwich as a pillow. There's more to it, but let's just leave it at that.